Education, Research and Academia
Veterinarians in Education, Research and Academia (VERA) became a special interest group of the AVA in January 2012.
It’s designed especially for veterinarians working in educational institutions, government, research bodies, and members in practice who are involved in undergraduate and postgraduate education. It aims to:
- provide continuing professional development to members including the development and provision of offerings through the AVA Annual Conference Education Day
- provide input to policy development with regard to veterinary education and research, including representation on the Policy Advisory Council
- provide input to government policy development and lobbying on issues linked to veterinary education and research of national importance to the profession in consultation with the Board
- provide input into policy on education and research at the regional level in consultation with divisions
- represent the AVA on government and industry committees
- provide opportunities for networking and social activities for members
- be involved in the development and implementation of policy, as well as in the establishment and monitoring of national standards and accreditation programs in consultation with the Board and divisions
- inform members of the policies and projects of the association.
Become a member
You must be a member of the Australian Veterinary Association to join. Join online or contact AVA national office on 1300 137 309.