The Australian Alpaca Veterinarians (AAV) has been a special interest group of the AVA since the early 1990s.
The AAV aims to:
- provide a forum for discussion for Australian veterinarians working in camelid medicine, surgery and production
- provide continuing professional development to members through their annual conference and quarterly newsletter
- further knowledge and research into camelid diseases and herd health to achieve excellence in camelid practice
- promote the application of animal health and preventative medicine to camelid industry bodies
- promote cooperation among practitioners, researchers, advisory and teaching institutions and breeders in the camelid industry in relation to animal health and production knowledge
- equip veterinarians with the skills to certify alpacas for breeding suitability.
Become a member
To join contact:
Secretary, Australian Alpaca Veterinarians
PO Box 406, Ocean Grove
You must be a member of the Australian Veterinary Association to join.
AAV member benefits include:
- quarterly newsletter
- reduced registration to AAV Annual Conference
- conference proceedings
- reduced subscription for students.
The Q-Alpaca Program is a voluntary quality assurance program run by the Australian Alpaca Association (AAA) Animal Health, Husbandry, and Welfare Reference Group for voluntary use by members, and fully endorsed by all state and federal animal health authorities.
For more information or to apply to be part of the program visit the Australian Alpaca Association website.