Animal Welfare and Ethics
Australian Veterinarians for Animal Welfare and Ethics (AVAWE) is dedicated to the dissemination of scientific knowledge relative to animal welfare concerning the ethics of animal use, animal management and animal welfare policy.
The AVAWE aims to:
- promote all aspects of animal welfare and ethics within the Australian veterinary profession with regard to the use of animals for companionship, work, food, clothing, research, teaching, recreation, entertainment and sport
- provide a forum for discussion of the ethics of animal use, animal management and animal welfare and policy
- provide a forum for consideration and dissemination of scientific knowledge relative to animal welfare
- provide a forum for consultation and education on animal welfare and ethics with the veterinary, animal welfare, scientific, political and educational communities
- promote humane management of domestic, feral and wild animals
- where appropriate, co-host shared sessions and items of common interest with other special interest groups of the Australian Veterinary Association.
Become a member
You must be a member of the Australian Veterinary Association to join. Join online or contact AVA national office on 1300 137 309.
You can search for more on Animal Welfare and Ethics in the Vet Ed library.