- Media Centre
- News articles
- For the public
- About pets
- About horses and farm animals
- Becoming a veterinarian
- Find A Vet
- Pets and People Education Program
- What to expect when you visit the vet
- Laws and regulations
- Animals and natural disasters
- Why be a member?
- My membership
- Our community
- Member benefits
- CPD info
- VetEd approval
- Australian Veterinary Journal
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Technical information
- Practice Management
- About us
- Our offices
- Annual Conference
- Who we are
- My AVA
- AVA groups
- Animal Welfare and Ethics
- Conservation Biology
- Education, Research and Academia
- Public Health
- Unusual Pets and Avian Veterinarians
- Divisions and branches
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- AVA groups
- Policy and positions
- Policy Advisory Council
- Five strategic priorities
- Companion animals
- Emergency animal diseases
- Natural disasters
- Product recalls and withdrawals
- Quarantine and biosecurity
- Veterinary medicines
- Trusts and foundations
- Corporate supporters
- Contact us
Young member scholarships
EVA wishes to thank Jurox for their superb support of the Bain Fallon Scholarship program.
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW!
The EVA Bain Fallon Young Member Scholarships provides an opportunity for four EVA Young Members to attend our flagship event free of charge. This is an opportunity for the successful scholar to continue their education, and broaden their networking opportunities amongst equine veterinarians.
The scholarship is open to current financial EVA Young Members who can demonstrate outstanding ability and commitment to their profession and the horse industry.
The scholarship prize includes complimentary registration to the Bain Fallon Memorial Lectures 2017, shared accommodation at the venue, attendance at the Scholars Alumni Dinner on the Sunday evening of Bain Fallon and the Scholars Celebratory Tuesday Lunch held with representatives of Jurox and EVA.
All applications should be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- An involvement in and commitment to the horse industry
- An interest in pursuing educational opportunities relevant to equine veterinary work
- An intention to further develop and continue career opportunities in the equine veterinary profession
Applications from graduate veterinarians in equine practice will be highly regarded.
Email your cover letter, CV and any written references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14 April, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted without prior discussion.
CEVA Education Scholarship
The scholarship offers all members of EVA an opportunity to fund or subsidise their continuing education, training or professional development within the equine field, sponsored by Ceva Animal Health.Applications are invited for the Ceva Animal Health scholarship award, being presented at the Ceva casual dinner at Bain Fallon in July 2017.
- The scholarship is open to ALL current financial members of EVA.
- The value of the scholarship is $5,000 (inc. GST).
- The objective of the Ceva Scholarship is to support the advancement of equine health and equine veterinary science. Projects will be reviewed based on how well they meet the objective and may include; an original research project, study or other endeavour.
- Applications should be made in writing and not be less than 500 words, outlining the purposes for which the scholarship will be used.
- The winning members are to compile a short report on the results of the scholarship project and its benefit to the member for publication in The Australian Equine Veterinarian journal.
- The winning members consent to their image and project being used in approved media to further promote EVA and the scholarship for a period of two years post their winning application.
Application must be received at the EVA office by the close of business, Monday 19 June, 2017, by email to email@example.com
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW!
Being a volunteer at the Bain Fallon Memorial Lectures is hard work but extremely rewarding and provides students with an invaluable opportunity to meet and network with top Australian and international veterinary professionals.
Students must be members of EVA at the time of submitting their application.
As a Bain Fallon Memorial Lectures student volunteer, you will receive:
- The opportunity to network with top Australian and international veterinarians
- Complimentary registration and attendance to lectures (duties permitting)
- Complimentary registration to social events;
- All meals (morning and afternoon tea, lunch and dinner) will be provided free of charge throughout the conference
Email your cover letter, CV and any written references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14 April, 2017. Please note whether you will available for the whole conference week (i.e. Sunday 9 – Friday 14 July), or parts therein. Applicants who can attend the full week will gain will have priority over those who cannot. Late applications will not be accepted without prior discussion.
If you have any questions, email Lucy Rhodes at email@example.com.