- Media Centre
- Media releases
- Contact the Media Office
- Find an expert
- AVA in the news
- Hot topics
- News articles
- Media Centre
- For the public
- About pets
- About horses and farm animals
- Becoming a veterinarian
- Find A Vet
- Pets and People Education Program
- What to expect when you visit the vet
- Laws and regulations
- Animals and natural disasters
- Why be a member?
- My membership
- Our community
- Member benefits
- CPD info
- VetEd approval
- Australian Veterinary Journal
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Technical information
- Practice Management
- About us
- Our offices
- Annual Conference
- Who we are
- My AVA group
- Special interest groups
- Animal Welfare and Ethics
- Conservation Biology
- Education, Research and Academia
- Public Health
- Unusual Pets and Avian Veterinarians
- Divisions and branches
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Policy and positions
- Policy Advisory Council
- Five strategic priorities
- Companion animals
- Emergency animal diseases
- Natural disasters
- Product recalls and withdrawals
- Quarantine and biosecurity
- Veterinary medicines
- Trusts and foundations
- Corporate supporters
- Contact us
EVA produces a range of publications for members including The Australian Equine Veterinarian, examination certificates, Bain Fallon Proceedings, client brochures, eNews and e-Library on SciQuest.
The Australian Equine Veterinarian
The Australian Equine Veterinarian is one of the leading peer-reviewed scientific journals in the Southern Hemisphere, presenting clinical papers, case reports and other material of interest to equine practitioners, as well as news and industry notices.
The journal is published and mailed to EVA Members quarterly, and online access is available through the AVA VetEd Library. Non-members and institutions in Australia and overseas such as universities and libraries can subscribe to online access of the journal.
- Submit scientific papers for review and potential inclusion
- View instructions for authors
- Submit news items - Photos always welcome!
- Download the subscription form (non-members only)
- View information for advertisers
EVA eNews is an electronic newsletter that is sent to our members fortnightly and at other times when the need arises. It is packed with the latest news and aims to provide members with relevant information as quickly as possible.
Vet Ed library
The AVA Vet Ed Library provides EVA Members with access to AVA Annual Conference Proceedings, and a range of other scientific material published by AVA’s other Special Interest Groups. The Vet Ed Library also contains full archives of the Bain Fallon Memorial Lectures and The Australian Equine Veterinarian.
EVA Insurance Certificates
The following certificate books are available as an EVA Member benefit, for use in the field and within the practice. These forms are regularly reviewed to ensure currency, and have been approved by bloodstock insurers.
- Pre-Purchase Examination Certificate ($25.00)
- Adult Mortality Insurance ($15.00)
- Foal Mortality Insurance ($15.00)
- Examination for Pregnancy Certificate ($15.00)
- Equine Dental Examination Certificate ($15.00)
- Broodmare for Sale Examination Certificate ($15.00)
EVA's client brochures are one of our most popular publications. They are a ready made education resource for members to provide to their clients. The following brochures are currently available:
- Dental Equipment
- Emergency Care
- FAQs on the Cost of Vet Care for your Horse **NEW**
- Feeding the "Good Doer"
- Pre-Purchase Examinations
- Preventing Snake Bites **NEW**
- Skin Allergies
- Why Your Vet Should Be An EVA Member
These brochures are available to EVA Members in packs of 50 for $15.00.
Branded Emergency Care Posters for your Clients
*FREE FOR EVA MEMBERS*
In addition to our client brochure range, EVA has produced a comprehensive emergency care poster with all the important information for horse owners to have on hand, including emergency contact details, and helpful hints on surviving the disaster season in your area.
We are offering a personalised version of the poster free to current financial EVA members, complete with your practice’s contact details and logo. You will be provided with the artwork file and printing specifications, allowing you to print as many copies as you need.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org