- Media Centre
- Media releases
- Contact the Media Office
- Find an expert
- AVA in the news
- Hot topics
- News articles
- Media Centre
- For the public
- About pets
- About horses and farm animals
- Becoming a veterinarian
- Pets and People Education Program
- What to expect when you visit the vet
- Laws and regulations
- Animals and natural disasters
- Why be a member?
- My membership
- Our community
- Member benefits
- CPD info
- VetEd approval
- Australian Veterinary Journal
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Technical information
- Practice Management
- About us
- Our offices
- Annual Conference
- Who we are
- My AVA group
- Special interest groups
- Animal Welfare and Ethics
- Conservation Biologists
- Education, Research and Academia
- Public Health
- Unusual Pets and Avian Veterinarians
- Divisions and branches
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Policy and positions
- Policy Advisory Council
- Five strategic priorities
- Companion animals
- Emergency animal diseases
- Natural disasters
- Product recalls and withdrawals
- Quarantine and biosecurity
- Veterinary medicines
- Trusts and foundations
- Corporate supporters
- Contact us
Useful products and discounts
Books and journals
The AVA also has arrangements with publishers to offer members great savings on scientific journals and books.
Bupa corporate health cover
AVA members that join up to the Bupa corporate health cover get 6 weeks free. This offer is equivalent to an 11.5% discount in the first year of membership!
Car hire and purchases
AVA car hire discounts are available through Thrifty, Hertz, Budget and Avis.
And if you’re purchasing, New Cars Plus provides a full vehicle management solution.
Continuing professional development
AVA members receive substantial discounts to continuing professional development events organised by the association. We have also negotiated valuable discounts for online continuing professional development courses provided by VetLearn.
Home loan and Professional Finance
AVA members are eligible for a range of personal and practice benefits and offers. BOQ Specialist provide distinctive lending and banking solutions including:
- Personal - credit cards, everyday bank accounts, home loans, car and personal loans
- Practice - practice finance, transaction bank accounts, working capital solutions, commercial loans, asset finance and leasing.
AVA members receive a premium reduction for professional indemnity insurance provided through Guild Insurance. For proprietors the reduction is approximately 25%, and for non-proprietors this can be as high as 50%. This significant reduction reflects the improved risk that AVA members represent due to the broad risk management framework in place between Guild and the AVA.
Online meditation program
AVA members can access the Mindbody Mastery program - a world-class online program for learning meditation, at a significantly discounted rate.
AVA members can enjoy significant savings by becoming part of the AVA corporate scheme for Qantas Club membership.
The team at GuildSuper are there to make the administration of your employees' superannuation contributions simple and straightforward.
All the hard work is done for you so you can get on with managing your business.
- Convenient methods of electronic payment such as Direct Debit and BPay.
- Easy online account management from Mercer Spectrum with payment and tracking facility.
- Efficient one-stop clearing house facility that can distribute your contributions to your employees' funds using one payment.
- A range of quality education tools and services for both employers and employees.
- Access to your own dedicated consultant.
Animal Care and Vet Industry Award Brochure
Making Super Simple for Vet Members
Super for the Veterinary Industry - Info for Employers
Guide to Key Employer Superannuation Obligations
Product Disclosure Statement
AVA members save on Australia’s leading brands and boutique labels. Winedirect.com.au is one of Australia’s leading direct wine distributors, buying direct from wineries, which means big savings for you.
Part proceeds from all wine purchased through the AVA wine offer is donated to ACAHF.