Guild Insurance is the preferred insurance provider to AVA members*. Guild works closely with AVA to ensure that the insurance policies on offer keep pace with changes in the profession. Guild is the leading provider of tailored insurance products for healthcare professionals and provides exceptional client service.
AVA members receive a premium reduction for professional indemnity insurance provided through Guild Insurance.
For practice owners the reduction is approximately 25%, and for other veterinarians this can be as high as 50%.
This significant reduction reflects the improved risk that AVA members represent due to the broad risk management framework in place between Guild and the AVA. This includes:
- AVA/Guild Risk Management Committee analysing claims and trends
- Regular risk management articles through AVA communications
- Guild/AVA Risk Management Guide for Veterinarians available free to all members
- Risk management presentations from Guild Insurance and Guild Lawyers at AVA events
- RiskEquip, an online self assessment tool from Guild
- Seamless access to liability related advice from Guild Lawyers via a duty solicitor.
Guild Insurance also offers excellent protection for:
- Business contents
- Home and contents
- Public liability – from accidental bodily injury or property damage arising from your work as a veterinarian
- Product liability – from goods you have sold or supplied
- Legal expenses – arising from the defence of claims brought against you
Phone Guild Insurance on 1800 810 213 or visit the Guild Group for further information.
* The Australian Veterinary Association may receive a benefit from Guild Insurance Limited for any insurance you take out with Guild Insurance Limited. Guild Insurance Limited AFSL no. 233 791