2012 conference highlights
The 2012 Conference was once again a wonderful success with delegates commenting on the strong program of presentations.
Our international keynote presenter Dr Jill Maddison's strong interest and expertise in clinical problem solving in small animal medicine and clinical pharmacology gave us an outstanding series of presentations. Dr Maddison was joined by Prof David Church to present an exciting program.
Dr Jill Maddison spoke on:
- Interpreting the numbers azotaemia and urine SG
- Interpreting the numbers - the liver enzymes are up, now what do I do?
- Principles of pharmacology—surprisingly clinically relevant
Prof David Church spoke on:
- Treatment of hyperadrenocorticism - trilostane v mitotane
- Challenging case studies
The program was complemented by a dedicated nurse stream including Prof David Church talking on the role of the nurse in diabetic patient management. Lara Casanova discussing Dealing with difficult clients and Life balance and stress management. The program concluded with a series of presentations by Dr Jo Powell talking on:
- Emergency preparedness – triage, primary and secondary surveys of the animal
- Quick clinical pathology for the emergency patient
- Endocrine presentations/emergencies