- Media Centre
- Media releases
- Contact the Media Office
- Find an expert
- AVA in the news
- Hot topics
- News articles
- Media Centre
- For the public
- About pets
- About horses and farm animals
- Becoming a veterinarian
- Pets and People Education Program
- What to expect when you visit the vet
- Laws and regulations
- Animals and natural disasters
- Why be a member?
- My membership
- Our community
- Member benefits
- Centre for Professional Success
- Australian Veterinary Journal
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Technical information
- Practice Management
- About us
- Our offices
- Annual Conference
- Who we are
- My AVA group
- Special interest groups
- Animal Welfare and Ethics
- Conservation Biologists
- Education, Research and Academia
- Public Health
- Unusual Pets and Avian Veterinarians
- Divisions and branches
- Australian Capital Territory
- New South Wales
- Northern Territory
- South Australia
- Western Australia
- Policy and positions
- Policy Advisory Council
- Animal welfare
- Companion animals
- Emergency animal diseases
- Natural disasters
- Product recalls and withdrawals
- Quarantine and biosecurity
- Veterinary medicines
- Veterinary workforce
- Trusts and foundations
- Corporate supporters
- Contact us
***Dear AVA member, we are currently working on upgrades of the VetEd section and because of this the access to the submission and download of VetEd points, submission of calendar events online as well as the library page are currently unavailable The VetEd quizzes are now available. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.***
The VetEd points system is the AVA’s easy to use, professionally recognised system for members to track and record their continuing professional development points.
If you attend AVA or VetEd approved events, your points will be added to your statement automatically. To notify the AVA of other continuing professional development activities you have participated in, you can submit points yourself online through Manage profile.
You can also complete the latest AVJ Vet Ed quiz.
Benefits of the VetEd points system
Your VetEd statement can be used as evidence of your continuing professional development activities when renewing your registration with your state veterinary registration board. Each state has different requirements regarding continuing professional development for registration - check the Australian Veterinary Boards Council website for more details on individual states' requirements.
How to earn VetEd points
The AVA offers a number of ways for members to earn VetEd points through continuing professional development activities.
You can find out how many points different activities can earn in the VetEd points allocation table.
How to receive points automatically
You will automaticaly receive points for any AVA continuing professional development event you attend, or for outside events that have VetEd approval, as long as you have given the organisers your AVA member number. Your details are submitted by the organisers, and the points will automatically appear on your statement, usually within two weeks of the event.
Your AVJ quiz points are automatically uploaded to your member record and appear on your CPD statement as soon as you’ve successfully completed a quiz.
How do I submit my own points?
You can upload VetEd points to your own record at any time and the points will appear on your CPD statement immediately.
Otherwise, follow these detailed instructions:
- Log on as a member in the boxes at the top right of your screen. (If you’ve forgotten your AVA username or password, contact National Office for help on 1300 137 3091300 137 309 or by email)
- Underneath your name in the top right corner is the ‘Manage profile’ link. Click on that.
- Select the tab along the top – ‘VetEd points’
- From here you can either download your CPD statement, or submit VetEd points. Select the option you want and follow the prompts.
Providers applying for VetEd approval
Providers who wish to have their event VetEd approved can apply online. Information and guidelines for continuing professional development providers that want their activities recognised for VetEd points are also available.
For more information on VetEd contact the Education Coordinator on 02 9431 505802 9431 5058 or firstname.lastname@example.org.