Vet Ed points
Approve my event
If you're running a continuing professional development activity or event for veterinarians, you can apply for Vet Ed approval from the AVA. There are several reasons why having Vet Ed approval is a good idea.
Vet Ed approval includes:
- evaluation and approval of your continuing professional development material by the AVA National Education Team
- permission to use the AVA Vet Ed logo on your advertising material and to promote how many Vet Ed points AVA members can earn by attending your event
- advertising on the online AVA Vet Ed calendar
- advertising in the upcoming events section of the AVA’s eNewsletter (eLine)
- automatic loading of AVA member points to their Vet Ed statement once the National Education Team has received the details from the event organiser
- ongoing recognition as the continuing professional development provider on delegates Vet Ed statements
- a guarantee that your Vet Ed approved events will receive points that are accepted by the state registration boards.
How to apply
There is a processing fee to cover administrative costs, the use of the AVA Vet Ed logo on event advertising and attendance certificates as well as listing on the Vet Ed calendar on the AVA website.
The charges include an administration fee of $150 plus an hourly rate of $25 per hour capped at $500, plus GST.
Events that are run multiple times within a 12 month period will only be charged one administration fee and then pay per hour for each separate event.
For more information or to obtain a quote for your continuing professional development event contact the Education Coordinator at veted [at] ava [dot] com [dot] au.
Please also enter your details into our Vet Ed calendar and the listing will be published once your event has been approved for Vet Ed points.
Guidelines for providers
To ensure that certain minimum standards are met, the AVA has guidelines for continuing professional development providers who want their activities recognised for AVA Vet Ed points.
For more information contact the Education Coordinator at veted [at] ava [dot] com [dot] au.