- Check that you meet the entry requirements.
- Apply directly to the Australian Veterinary Association
General and academic requirements
Minimum entry requirements
- English language proficiency.
- Financial member of the Australian Veterinary Association.
- Commitment to uphold the AVA Code of Conduct.
- Hold current veterinary registration in Australia.
- Possess a minimum of three-years practical discipline-specific experience.
Entry level requirements - AVA CVP (Small Animal)
- Financial member of the Australian Small Animal Veterinarians (a special interest group of the AVA).
- Ongoing employment in, or access to, small animal veterinary practice.
If you have successfully completed veterinary CPD at the AVA (or another veterinary education provider) you may be eligible for CPD credit toward the AVA Chartered Veterinary Practitioner™.
Am I eligible?
In assessing credit for CPD learning, the AVA will assess:
- Completion date (in reference to the AVA CVP admission date)*
- The delivery method of the CPD (i.e., content is to be structured).
- The delivery method of the CPD.
- CPD, VetEd or RACE points awarded.
- Evidence of successful completion.
- Assessment method of learning outcomes.
- Applicability to discipline-specific medicine or elective course credit.
* Eligible CPD successfully completed five years before (or after) admission to the AVA Chartered Veterinary Practitioner™ will be considered.
How to apply for credit
If you’re looking for credit for prior CPD completed, you can tell us what you have undertaken in your application for admission. Make sure you upload supporting documents as evidence of your CPD (e.g., a course outline, learning outcomes, assessment details, and completion certificate). We may ask you for more documents after you’ve submitted your application.
Please refer to your AVA CVP Student Handbook for specific details on how to apply for CPD credit. You’ll be able to access this from the General Information tile of the course for which you are currently enrolled.
You can use our credit search to see previous CPD credit outcomes toward the AVA Chartered Veterinary Practitioner™. This is a guide only and results don’t guarantee you credit or entry to the accreditation pathway. This will give you an idea of what credit other applicants have received.
If you can’t find any matching results for your prior CPD studies, please contact the AVA CVP team directly. E | firstname.lastname@example.org or P | (02) 9431 5004.
Evidence of your completion of a Veterinary Science qualification (award certificate or academic transcript with completion details) is required to be submitted with your application. Please ensure you have this available BEFORE you complete and submit this application.
Admission to the AVA CVP Education Pathway requires you to be a member of the AVA and the ASAV special interest group. If you are not a current, financial member for the current membership period, you may be offered conditional admission only. AVA Membership runs from July to June each year with a renewal date of 30th June annually. You can check your status on your My AVA or contact AVA Member Services Team at email@example.com
The form must be completed in one sitting and progress cannot be saved.