How We Help You
The AVA offers a number of services to help you stay healthy and support you in your professional life.
- THRIVE Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Framework
- AVA Benevolent Fund providing practical and financial support to veterinarians and their families in times of hardship
- Employee Assistance Program focuses on your wellbeing and offers free services in a number of areas including physical and mental health.
- Free telephone counselling service with qualified counsellors available day or night
- HR Advisory Service for information about managing staff and conflict in the workplace
- Mental health fact sheets accross a number of topics
- Networking opportunities with fellow veterinary professionals
- Zero tolerance posters, for cases of client aggression, are available for placement in veterinary clinics and hospitals. These target owners of pets, horses, as well as animals in general.