IVA Research Bursary
Integrative Veterinarians Australia (IVA) is offering a bursary of $1000 to an integrative practitioner, student or researcher to support preparation of material that informs veterinarians in the broader veterinary community about the use of and validity of complimentary therapies, and/ or that contributes to the scientific knowledge underpinning our understanding of Integrative medicine.
The successful applicant will deliver one of the following outcomes
- Research and then a poster for an AVA conference
- Research and then a one hour webinar
- Research and then a short contribution to AVJ
Veterinary practitioners using integrative therapies, researchers and students from all Australian universities in any year of their veterinary studies are eligible to apply for the bursary. Applicants are not required to be members of IVA or AVA.
How to apply
Apply using the form below and upload your word document.
Applications will be assessed by “the panel” formed by the IVA executive on the basis of information provided by the applicant including:
- Aim of research and presentation
- Summary of outcomes expected
- Practical application of methods discussed in the presentation
Applications must address complimentary therapy and support the Mission Statement of IVA .
Scope includes but is not limited to practical application of therapies in practice, research, ecology, case studies and treatment protocols .
A presentation as media, poster or paper would be approximately 2000 words or 10 minutes duration and could:
- relate to experiences or studies undertaken
- present interesting and important information relevant to Integrative medicine
- would be presented as a Poster or media presentation at the AVA Conference IVA stream or published in proceedings, vet voice or other media such as webinars
- be printed in the IVA newsletter, website and may be considered for other AVA publication
Copyright & promotion
- It is a condition of awarding the bursary that the outcome from application of the bursary can be used without fee within the AVA/IVA to promote, educate or advance the AVA’s interests and those of IVA
- Applications are open until 30 September 2020. Once all applications are received and collated, a panel of IVA Executive Committee members will assess each entry.
- The successful applicant will be advised by the IVA secretary.