The Australian Small Animal Veterinarians Group provides leadership and direction in promoting the advancement of small animal veterinary clinical skills and knowledge to our members. To achieve this, we promote the “career partner” concept, actively engaging in advocacy and policy development and delivering high quality continuing education in a variety of suitable and appropriate formats.
The Group produces high quality communications to members, and creates and maintains a friendly, collegiate and inclusive culture with all our activities and events. The Australian Small Animal Veterinarians Group is member of WSAVA and FASAVA with access to all member benefits from these international organisations.
Benefits of joining the Australian Small Animal Veterinarians Group if you're a student
The Group supports the student members by providing:
- Twelve webinars per year and a back catalogue of five years of Australian Small Animal Veterinarians Group webinars
- Continuing education at reduced prices.
- Amazing networking opportunities for mentoring and future employment
- Engagement opportunities with the veterinary profession in advocacy
- Australian Small Animal Veterinarians Group Student Award for Clinical Excellence and Proficiency to a final year student at each Australian university
- Three Student Scholarships a year which include:
- Full registration to the Australian Small Animal Veterinarians Group Conference
- Five nights’ accommodation
- Return airfares from the capital city nearest the student’s campus