The award will be assessed by “the panel” on the basis of an essay, innovative idea, proposal or media project which relates to conservation in any of its forms as outlined in our Mission Statement. This includes conservation health and welfare, endangered species, sustainable utilisation of wildlife, import and export control, and education and communication.
An essay, idea or media project would be approximately 2000 words or 10 minutes duration and could:
- relate to experiences or studies undertaken by the student
- present interesting and important information relevant to conservation
- be printed in the AVCB newsletter, website and may be considered for other AVA publication
- relate to a novel and valuable idea which could benefit wildlife or conservation or student education in wildlife & conservation
- would be presented as a Poster or media presentation at the AVA Conference AVCB stream or published in proceedings, vet voice or other media