Meet International Keynote: Rikke Schultz
Dr Rikke Schultz graduated from the University of Copenhagen in 1992 before starting her own mixed practice in Iceland. After five years she returned to Denmark where she worked at Hoersholm Equine Practice for eight years. She gained certification in veterinary acupuncture in 1995 (IVAS), equine osteopathy in 2003 (ISEO) and homeopathy in 2016 (FIVM). She is currently a board member of the Equine Veterinary Society of Osteopathy.
Since 2005 she has owned and managed a holistic equine practice. She has a particular interest in the functional role of connective tissue, especially that of myofascia. Since 2011 she has researched the role of fascia in equine locomotion at the Veterinary Anatomical Institute at the University of Copenhagen.
She has been the keynote speaker at several international conferences and is the author of How to Understand Your Horse and How to Understand Your Icelandic Horse.
Dr Schultz will present sessions on:
- Acupuncture points on the head with regard to cranio-sacral therapy
- Fascia – the forgotten tissue (parts 1 and 2)
- Fascial planes, acupuncture meridians and points
- Myofascial kinetic lines and acupuncture meridians
- Myofascial kinetic lines in horses and dogs (parts 1 and 2)
- Test and treatment of myofascial kinetic lines with specific acupuncture points