Your chance to win a ticket to the 2020 AVA Annual Conference
To celebrate the Australian Veterinary Journal (AVJ) going
digital, we’re giving away a ticket to the 2020 AVA Annual Conference on the Gold Coast 10-15 May!
For your chance to win:
- Visit the AVA stand
- Take a photo of yourself with the big AVJ cut outs
- Tag us on Instagram @austvetassociation or Twitter @AustVetAssoc
- Use the #AVAConference
Terms & conditions
- Information on how to enter this Competition and Prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions of entry (Terms). These Terms apply to the Competition and entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
- The promoter is the Australian Veterinary Association 63 008 522 852 of Unit 40, 6 Herbert Street, St Leonards NSW 2065 (the "Promoter" and "AVA").
- The Competition will be open from 5 May 2019 and will close Midnight (Eastern Standard Time) on 10 May 2019 (the "Competition Period").
Who can enter
- Entry is open to the following (the "Eligible Entrants"):
- active, valid and current members of the Promoter (Members);
- Employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter.
By entering this Competition, the Eligible Entrant represents and warrants that it is eligible to enter.
Releases and indemnities
- Eligible Entrants acknowledge that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for internet access if entry is online or by email.
- Eligible Entrants will retain copyright in their Materials, however, by entering, all Eligible Entrants licence the Promoter a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes. The Promoter reserves the right to publish Eligible Entries (or part thereof) notwithstanding that publication is not an indication that the Eligible Entrant has won the Prize.
- The Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at anytime, anywhere, and by any means. The Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same. The Promoter, partners and sponsors are not liable to pay any Eligible Entrant, Finalist or Winner any fee, royalty or other form of remuneration for this right.
- Eligible Entrants are responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the Prize as set out and in accordance with these Terms, in the event they are unable to do so then the Promoter reserves the right to redraw the Prize.
- Eligible Entrants agree to abide by each and all these Terms. Misrepresentative or fraudulent entries will cause an Eligible Entry to be invalidated. Offering or receiving any incentive for voting (including to any judging staff) is not permitted and will invalidate the vote and may disqualify the Eligible Entrant receiving the vote. The Promoter reserves the right, with or without cause and in its absolute discretion, to exclude Eligible Entrants and withhold prizes for violating any of these Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the "Website").
- The Prize is a full week ticket to the AVA 2020 Annual Conference, excluding social events and travel costs or any other incremental expenses.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the Eligible Entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter can at any time cancel, modify or supersede the Competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- The Promoter may (without limitation) remove any Materials from the website and AVA social media accounts.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage to the Materials howsoever caused.
- Each Eligible Entrant indemnifies the Promoter and its affiliates and agrees to hold them harmless from and against all losses, costs, proceedings, damages, expenses or liabilities howsoever incurred by the Promoter or any of its affiliates as a result of any claim by a third party resulting from the Eligible Entrant’s breach or failure to observe any of the obligations in these Terms.
- Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s or failure to observe any of the obligations in these Terms except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
How to enter
- To enter the Competition and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must:
- Create an original photograph of themselves or with their friends at the AVA 2019 Annual Conference using the cardboard cut outs of the Australian Veterinary Journal and use the hashtag #AVAConference in the photo description and also e-tag the AVA’s Instagram account at @austvetassociation.or Twitter account at @austvetassoc.
- Comply with the Photograph Submission Guidelines set out below, collectively known as an Eligible Entry.
Photograph Submission Guidelines
- Eligible Entrants may enter the Competition as many times as they wish. To enter, entrants must use the hashtag #AVAConference in the photo description and also e-tag the AVA’s Instagram account at @austvetassociation or Twitter account at @austvetassoc in the submitted photograph/s.
The user’s Instagram or Twitter account must be public.
- The Competition closes at midnight on 10 May 2019 (the "Closing Date"). Any entries received after the Closing Date will not be valid to win a Prize but may still be used by the AVA.
- In the entry of the Materials, the Eligible Entrant must include:
- the hashtag #AVAConference and
- e-tag the AVA’s Instagram account at @austvetassociation or Twitter account at @austvetassoc.
- The photo/s must include the supplied Australian Veterinary Journal cut outs.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Competition Period. Eligible Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable or incorrect entries, or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights (including intellectual property rights, moral rights, copyright or privacy) and/or which fail to meet the requirements for an Eligible Entry are invalid. Any Eligible Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- Eligible Entrants:
- must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk;
- acknowledge and agree that the Materials must not depict persons under the age of 18, or branded products or signs, and
- warrant that they have obtained the required consents (where applicable) of the subjects or persons in the Materials.
- An Eligible Entry must not communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Promoter wishes to associate. Eligible Entrants must familiarise themselves with the Love is Blind campaign (http://loveisblind.org.au/) which details certain animal breeds that will no longer be depicted in AVA communications.
- The Competition is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the Winner.
Each Eligible Entry will be judged by the judging panel outlined in clause 26 based on its relation to the Competition requirements and the quality (including but not limited to technical quality/resolution of the Materials) and creativity of the Materials (Judging Criteria). The judges will select the Winners based on the Judging Criteria.
- There will be a total of one (1) competition category winner (Winner). The Winner will be awarded one (1) Prize. The Promoter has appointed the following panel of judges to select the Winners:
- Selected AVA staff from the Events team and the Marketing team.
There is one Prize available:
- 1 full week ticket to the AVA 2020 Annual Conference (not including social events, travel expenses or other incremental expenses)
- There will be 1 winner. The winner will be judged and selected by majority consensus of the Promoter's selected employees and will each be awarded the Prize, The Material of the Winner can feature in a range of AVA communications including but not limited to newsletters and social media. Materials by other Entrants may also feature in a range of AVA communications, but this does not indicate or suggest that the featured material has won.
- The Winner will be notified by the AVA by e-tagging the winner in a selected post on the AVA’s Instagram page within 60 days after the Closing Date, and will then be directed to email firstname.lastname@example.org. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the Winner. If a Winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another Winner from the pool of Eligible Entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- If an Eligible Entrant would like to remove their Materials from the pool of Eligible Entries before the Closing Date please contact email@example.com . Removing any Materials (or any part thereof) from the Competition will render the entire Eligible Entry void. Finalists and Winners will not be able to remove their Materials (or any part thereof) after the Closing Date.
- All Materials that are submitted by Eligible Entrants other than the Materials of the Finalists and Winners will be deleted by the Promoter. The Promoter is unable to return any Materials that have been submitted for the Competition.
- These Terms are governed by the laws in the State of New South Wales.