Have you or a group of your colleagues considered presenting a poster at the Bain Fallon Memorial Lectures in July this year? Maybe you have applied to present a Research or Clinical Paper at Bain Fallon; perhaps your abstract application may not be successful this year.
Then please consider the option of presenting a poster at Bain Fallon. The poster session is an excellent opportunity for you to gain recognition for your research or clinical work and for you to build your professional profile. In addition, there are a number three prestigious prizes available for posters, each with a cash component of $500.
- EVA Research Poster Prize
Open to all EVA current financial members. EVA defines Research Posters as those with work requiring Animal Ethics Approval, or those reporting major retrospective studies.
- EVA Clinical Case-Based Poster Prize
Open to all EVA current financial members.
- EVA Young Members Group Poster or Abstract Prize
Open to EVA Young Members and Student members.
What should the poster contain or cover?
Your poster may cover any topic in equine veterinary science. Posters must be the original work of the veterinarian and can be research or clinical case reports or a case series. Please note that there are different prizes available depending on the category your poster is eligible for.
The poster should contain some innovative information, or an advancement of knowledge for the equine veterinary profession. At least one of the authors of the poster must be present to meet with the judging panel at the poster judging session during lunch on Monday, 19 July 2021 at the Bain Fallon Conference, Hyatt Regency Sydney.
Please also note that the top 10 posters will be invited via an email to present a short poster summary for three (3) minutes following the clinical paper session from 5.30pm – 6.30pm on Monday, 19 July 2021.
Presenting the clinical poster at the conference
Poster presentations should be loaded on to the computer in the main lecture room with IT during one of the breaks during the day on 19 July 2021. It is suggested that 3 slides will be enough. This session will be a great opportunity to extend the exposure of your poster and give the opportunity for audience questions.
If you are not willing to present a three (3) minute poster summary on 19 July 2021 after the clinical paper session please indicates so on your submission form.
Important information for submissions
Size and printing
Poster size should be ‘B0’ 1,000mm (W) x 1,414mm (H) and printed on strong, high quality paper.
- An intention to submit, using the EVA poster submission form on this website with the poster’s title, list of authors and a digital A4 PDF copy of the poster must be made by Friday 25 June 2021.
- A physical copy of the poster must also delivered to the Conference Secretariat Office at the Bain Fallon Office no later than Sunday 18 July 2021 in a poster ‘tube’ clearly marked with the poster title, author’s name and the name and phone number of the person who will be in attendance at the poster judging session.