A Diploma to create leaders of the future – Enrolments now open
We know how important business and management skills are to you as a veterinary professional, so we've created an opportunity for you to gain an nationally recognised Diploma of Leadership & Management specifically for the profession delivered by Animal Industries Resource Centre. The Animal Industries Resource Centre is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and the National Provider Number is: 31424.
The nationally recognised online course, Diploma of Leadership and Management is a valuable qualification for those wishing to complement their current operational skills. If you want to formalise your skills in management with a nationally recognised qualification, then this is the course for you.
Providing a broad introduction to business management, you will learn fundamental skills including: emotional intelligence, project management, recruitment and how to manage a team of employees.
This course is designed to support managers to effectively manage teams, operational plans, performance, customer service and much more.
You must be working in a supervisory or management role.
Program delivery structure
- Expected duration: 12 – 16 months
- Method of delivery: online
- Set intakes every 3 months
- Rolling enrolments meaning students can commence at any cluster over the 12 – 16 month course
All essential learning and assessment is provided by Animal Industries Resource Centre.
- Required readings
- Reference materials (AVA, VBG, AVA HR Advisory Service, Guild)
- Implementation sheet and structured activities designed for the student to apply the learning into their workplace.
- Assessment workbooks and questions
- Third party reports from workplace to confirm implementation of learnings
Areas covered in the Diploma
- Develop and Use Emotional Intelligence
- Lead and Manage Effective Workplace Relationships
- Manage Personal Work Priorities and Professional Development
- Manage Budgets and Financial Plans
- Undertake Project Work
- Manage Operational Plan
- Support the Recruitment, Selection and Induction of Staff
- Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness
- Manage People Performance
- Manage Quality Customer Service
- Ensure a Safe Workplace
- Develop a Workplace Learning Environment
Frequently asked questions
- Where can I find more information and enroll?
- How much time will it take me per week?
Approximately 5 hours a week, depending on individual learning style, work and personal commitments.
- Who will the materials be supplied by?
AIRC along with reference materials from VBG/AVA partners.