A Diploma to create leaders of the future – Enrolments now open
We know how important business and management skills are to you as a veterinary professional, so we've created an opportunity for you to gain an nationally recognised Diploma of Leadership & Management specifically for the profession delivered by Animal Industries Resource Centre. The Animal Industries Resource Centre is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and the National Provider Number is: 31424.
The nationally recognised online course, Diploma of Leadership and Management is a valuable qualification for those wishing to complement their current operational skills. If you want to formalise your skills in management with a nationally recognised qualification, then this is the course for you.
Providing a broad introduction to business management, you will learn fundamental skills including: emotional intelligence, project management, recruitment and how to manage a team of employees.
This course is designed to support managers to effectively manage teams, operational plans, performance, customer service and much more.
You must be working in a supervisory or management role.
Program delivery structure
- Expected duration: 12 – 16 months
- Method of delivery: online
- Set intakes every 3 months
- Rolling enrolments meaning students can commence at any cluster over the 12 – 16 month course
All essential learning and assessment is provided by Animal Industries Resource Centre.
- Required readings
- Reference materials (AVA, VBG, AVA HR Advisory Service, Guild)
- Implementation sheet and structured activities designed for the student to apply the learning into their workplace.
- Assessment workbooks and questions
- Third party reports from workplace to confirm implementation of learnings
Areas covered in the Diploma
- Develop and Use Emotional Intelligence
- Lead and Manage Effective Workplace Relationships
- Manage Personal Work Priorities and Professional Development
- Manage Budgets and Financial Plans
- Undertake Project Work
- Manage Operational Plan
- Support the Recruitment, Selection and Induction of Staff
- Lead and Manage Team Effectiveness
- Manage People Performance
- Manage Quality Customer Service
- Ensure a Safe Workplace
- Develop a Workplace Learning Environment
Frequently asked questions
- Where can I find more information and enroll?
- How much time will it take me per week?
Approximately 5 hours a week, depending on individual learning style, work and personal commitments.
- Who will the materials be supplied by?
AIRC along with reference materials from VBG/AVA partners.
- Is the Diploma of Leadership and Management eligible for CPD points?
Yes it is. There are 12 units of learning within the Diploma of Leadership and Management. Each unit of competency is eligible for 5 structured CPD points.
You will need to request a statement of attainment on completion of each unit to validate your CPD points.