You’re our priority
The Australian Veterinary Association (AVA) looks forward to welcoming the veterinary community back to face-to-face education and events around Australia.
The health and wellbeing of our veterinary community is of the upmost importance. To ensure this we continue to closely monitor the circumstances and requirements in all states and territories in line with local, state, and national authorities, public health advice and state government public health directives, as mandated. Currently, our events are running as scheduled and we will respond appropriately and provide further updates should the situation evolve.
For more information on the COVID-19 pandemic, how you can help stop the spread of the virus in Australia and what to do if you have symptoms, for official medical advice and information on treatment please visit the Australia Government Department of Health website: https://www.health.gov.au/
How we’re keeping you safe
- Conference Venues & AVA Safety Planning: Each of our conference venues are registered COVID-Safe. The AVA is working in conjunction with them on the delivery of COVID-Safe events. Development of comprehensive COVID-19 safety plans by the AVA for each of our events
- Communication: Information about health and safety at events will be regularly distributed to all stakeholders via social media, the event website and email communications.
- Hand sanitiser made available throughout the venue
- Discouraging handshakes to support social distancing
- Encouraging facemasks throughout the venue
- Event capacity limits in place
- Closely monitoring the circumstances in every state and territory
Help us help everyone
- Stay home if feeling unwell
- Cover your sneezes with your elbow
- Practice good hygiene by using hand sanitiser and washing hands regularly
- Maintain physical distancing by avoiding close contact with others
- Download the Federal Government’s COVIDSafe App
If you have specific questions about an AVA event, contact firstname.lastname@example.org . For up-to-date information on the requirements and circumstances in your state or territory and for more specific health advice, visit the Australian Government Department of Health website.
Thank you for helping to keep our community safe.