Join fellow vet nurses, practice managers, vets, receptionists and kennel hands for a 2 day Veterinary Wellness Symposium, focusing on your wellness & how to best manage stress in our industry.
Working in a stressful, continually changing, and emotionally charged environment can be heart breaking and debilitating to our health.
At this Wellness Symposium we offer the opportunity to learn positive strategies to build resilience, and to combat compassion fatigue and burnout.
The first day of the symposium will be comprised of sessions relating directly to our workplaces; providing you with organisational tools , strategies and policies to help reduce stress, utilise effective communication, and help combat compassion fatigue and burnout. This will all lead into ‘The Holy Grail’ session; a great way to set the scene for a genuinely uplifting event!
Friday sessions will include discussions on:
• A Mentally Healthy Workplace: Acknowledging Risk Factors and Taking Action
• Is there a Policy for that? Important Inclusions in Fatigue and Burnout Management Policies
• Health & Well-being: A Case for Workplace Rehabilitation
On Saturday, begin the day refreshed with a Yoga class or a ‘Rise and Shine Bush Walk’ supported by our sponsors. Our full day of sessions on the second day of the symposium are designed to assist the individual in developing strategies that can be utilised in our day to day lives, both at work and at home to help us live positive and mindful lives.
Saturday sessions will include discussions on:
• Positive Psychology, Building Resilience and overcoming Impostor Syndrome
• Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
• The Journey: Working with Animals and People
• The Costs of Caring: What are they exactly?
The conference will close with a panel of guest speakers who have experience, both professional and personal, with dealing with extreme stress and compassion fatigue. Hosted by Nadine Hamilton, it will be a passionate, emotional and rewarding way to finish a dynamic symposium.