Australian Veterinary Practitioner
The Australian Veterinary Practitioner (AVP) is the official journal of the Australian Small Animal Veterinarians, a special interest group of the Australian Veterinary Association Limited, and is distributed to members and subscribers.
- Published online quarterly.
- Publishing scientific research, news, and issues relevant to veterinarians that work with small animals.
- Independently refereed clinical journal
- ISSN: 0310138X
Accessing the AVP
- Read AVP Journal issues
- Search AVP and other full-text articles (via Veterinary Source) – 2019 - current
- Access AVP full-text articles (via SciQuest) – 2019 - current
- Search AVP full-text articles (via AVA database) – 1982 - current
Aims and Scope
The Australian Veterinary Practitioner (AVP) was established in 1971 to further the clinical and educational interests of veterinary practitioners and students throughout Australia.
The AVP contains clinical reviews, updates and studies, and actively promotes excellent clinical research papers and essays by veterinary students. Prizes for the best clinical paper and the best case report are awarded on an annual basis.
The AVP offers advertisers a captive niche market of veterinary surgeons and other key veterinary practice staff who work with small animals.
- Over 1,300 nationally
- Veterinary practitioners and students throughout Australia
- Veterinary industry authorities and academics
1,300+ nationally to ASAV members, practices, universities, researchers, veterinary industry bodies and authorities and international subscribers.
Abstracting and Indexing Information
- ASAV Member portal - Journal (2019 – current) – Exclusive access for ASAV special interest group members
- AVA Library – Full text articles (published 12+ months – From 1982)
- EBSCO Veterinary Source database – Full text articles (2019 - current)
- SciQuest - Subscription and/or Full text articles (2019 - current)