Emergency contacts & financial assistance
Should you need assistance, first call your local emergency response authorities.
- AVA 24/7 Counselling Telephone Service: 1300 687 327
- Lifeline: 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636 or visit Beyond Blue
- NSW: Call 1800 018 444 or visit NSW DPI
- VIC: Call 1800 226 226 or visit Agriculture Vic
- SA: Call 1800 302 787 or visit Department of Human Services
- Australian Government: Call 180 22 66
There are a number of state-specific funding sources as well as jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements for affected individuals and small businesses.
Accessing donated goods
AVA has been working with its corporate supporters and partners to provide essential drugs and products to veterinarians. Read more here.
Members affected by the bushfires:
- If you have been affected or you know of a member who needs help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 137 309
- Counselling support is available with the AVA 24/7 telephone counselling service on 1300 687 327
- AVA’s Membership Services Team is directly contacting members and practices in the affected areas to offer assistance