Insurance – veterinarians volunteering or providing local assistance
Guild Insurance will provide cover for any veterinarians currently insured with Guild who are volunteering and/or engaged by a local authority:
- Individual Policy (non-proprietor) – Professional indemnity & public/products liability – cover provided under the Guild policy for volunteer vets
- Business Insurance Policy (Proprietor) Professional indemnity & public/products liability – for indemnity to be granted the veterinarian (who is an employee and is covered under their employer’s business insurance policy) must advise their employer and obtain consent to undertake voluntary work. This may be in the form of a note and/or a call to their employer regarding their voluntary work.
All Guild-insured veterinarians are advised to speak to their account manager or call Guild directly on 1800 810 213 to have this noted.
Members affected by the bushfires:
- If you have been affected or you know of a member who needs help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 137 309
- Counselling support is available with the AVA 24/7 telephone counselling service on 1300 687 327
- AVA’s Membership Services Team is directly contacting members and practices in the affected areas to offer assistance