Announcement of new AVA CEO16 Dec 2021
The AVA Board has recently undertaken an extensive recruitment exercise, and is pleased to announce that our new CEO, Dr David Andrews will commence in March 2022.
David Andrews has spent over 20 years working with and leading medical based organisations. He is a trained scientist (PhD from University of Sydney) with an MBA from the AGSM. David is moving on from his current position as the CEO of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists (RANZCO), a role he has held for over 8 years.
David has significant experience in:
- Leading and implementing strategic plans;
- Establishing and building membership services and engagement;
- Working within and improving complex governance structures;
- Delivering IT projects to improve internal capability as well as member service;
- Leading advocacy, and PR strategies.
- Establishing robust CPD offerings and educational systems for members
- Building and leading high performing teams
The Board is confident that David’s passion, skills and experience coupled with his personable and engaging leadership style will complement our existing strong team to deliver the strategic priorities for our association and the profession.
Mr Stephen Albin will continue in his role as interim CEO until Dr Andrews starting date.
Please join us in welcoming David to the AVA.