Veterinary Practice Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Resources
- Veterinary Business Group – Disaster planning for your business webinar (members access only)
- Get Ready Business Resources:
- Get Ready Business: Prepare your business for disasters in five simple steps. Helps you create a quick plan to deal with emergencies and disasters, understand the most likely threats, find disaster information and draft key checklists such as emergency contacts.
- Prepare for the Unexpected: Build a Business Continuity Plan. Helps you build a detailed continuity plan for your business to help keep your business operating through a disaster, including:
- Creating an emergency essentials kit
- Creating financial and insurance plans
- Backing up data and creating an alternate operating location
- Training staff in business continuity
Insurance Claims for Small Business. Takes you through the key steps in making a successful insurance claim and provides answers to frequently asked questions about the claims process.
Get Back to Business: A guide to recovering from disaster. Takes you through the five phases of disaster recovery - from the moment the disaster hits to the actions to take over the days, weeks and months afterwards. The included checklists help make sure you have completed all the key actions. Also includes case studies of successful.
To assist the AVA advocacy on national Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements veterinarians are requested to gather and share with the AVA information in the following areas:
- What has been lost or damaged in a disaster as it helps us keep track of the scale of losses industry wide.
- Any services and treatments to disaster impacted animals that has been provided pro bono or at reduced cost (both in time and resources).
Please send this information to email@example.com