The Darwin History and Wartime Experience
Date: Friday 29 July 2022
Various tour times: 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:00pm and 2:30pm
Cost: $50 per person for delegates and partners
Join us on a journey back through time in a genuine WW2 army truck to relive Darwin’s exciting and historic past. Discover, relive, learn and explore Darwin’s exciting and historic past!
See historic sights such as:
- Government House
- Fort hill Wharf & Harbour
- Parliament House
- Charles Darwin National Park
- Ammunitions storage bunkers
- East Point Gun Battery & Military precinct
- Anti-aircraft gun emplacements
- 1934 QANTAS hangar
- Pre-war Darwin
- The WW2 bombing of Darwin
- The devastation of cyclone Tracy
- The colourful characters of the past that made Darwin what it is today!
We have tours at 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:00pm and 2:30pm - Pick up/set down outside the Tourist Information Office, (top of Smith St Mall – Cnr Bennett and Smith St, Darwin), which is about a 300m - 400m walk from the Darwin Convention Centre at the waterfront.
This tour is run by Dr David Leck BSc(hons-Syd) BVsc (hons - Qld).
Please book this experience directly via - www.darwinhistoryandwartimeexperience.com.au or call 0455 998 346.