VBG Summit Student Volunteers
The VBG Summit is the feature event of the veterinary business calendar for the year.
For more information please visit: www.ava.com.au/vbg-summit
Your role as a volunteer
The main role of student volunteers will be to assist in the lecture rooms including checking delegates name badges on entry, assisting with speaker requirements and other general assistance as required.
AVA will provide elected AVA student volunteers:
- Free conference registration including access to lectures (once duties are completed)
- Free access to the trade exhibition
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea will be provided to all students during their rostered shifts
- One free Gala Dinner ticket – Thursday 17 October 2019 (only applicable if your volunteering for the full summit)
Activities for the week
Wednesday 16 October 2019, 8.00am–8.00pm
Welcome and briefing, assistance with the pre-summit workshop, general set up as required. Welcome reception and exhibition opening 6.00pm – 8.00pm.
Thursday 17 October – Friday 18 October 2019, 7.00am – 6.00pm
Students will be required to help at various breakfast sessions throughout the Summit. During the day, all lecture doors need to be staffed and once all delegates are in their respective lectures, you will be able to attend lectures. As Luna Park is a public space, students will need to ensure all personnel entering the exhibition and lectures are registered conference delegates. Staying in contact with the AVA Events Team Student Coordinator will enable you to understand what’s happening each day and what is required of you.
How to apply
If you are interested in this volunteering opportunity, please complete the online form prior to Wednesday 119 September 2019. If you have any questions, please contact the AVA Events Team Student Coordinator Kelvin Choi; firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9431 5054.
- Full Name + Student membership number
- Contact details (address, phone number, email address)
- Current year of study
- Your availabilities (between Wednesday 16 – Friday 18 October).
- Why do you wish to be a Student volunteer at the 2019 VBG Summit?
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 19 September 2019
Successful applicants will be notified via email around Friday 23 September 2019.
Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by around Monday 24 September 2019.
Note: Students who can attend the full Summit will be given priority.