Animal Welfare & Ethics
The Australian Veterinarians for Animal Welfare and Ethics Group is dedicated to the dissemination of scientific knowledge relative to animal welfare concerning the ethics of animal use, animal management, and animal welfare policy.
The Group aims to:
- promote all aspects of animal welfare and ethics within the Australian veterinary profession about the use of animals for companionship, work, food, clothing, research, teaching, recreation, entertainment, and sport
- provide a forum for discussion of the ethics of animal use, animal management, and animal welfare and policy
- provide a forum for consideration and dissemination of scientific knowledge relative to animal welfare
- provide a forum for consultation and education on animal welfare and ethics with the veterinary, animal welfare, scientific, political and educational communities
- promote humane management of domestic, feral and wild animals
- where appropriate, co-host shared sessions and items of common interest with other special interest groups of the Australian Veterinary Association.